TheShareTable.org ™ shares the same mission of these generous kids.
We aim to nourish the bodies and minds of students by exploring the wonders and tastes of locally grown food.
TheShareTable.org is an Ulster County, NY based Farm-to-School advocacy, planning, and implementation program designed to disseminate information, educate and enrich students, and create sustainable, mutually-beneficial partnerships between schools and local farms.
What can TheShareTable.org do for your school?
- Monthly tastings of locally-grown food
- Agriculture-based educational activities and enrichment (student farmers market, fall festival)
- Sourcing of locally-grown food for school cafeterias
- Local farm tours
- Classroom visits with farmers
Why support a Farm-to-School program at your school?
Students learn lifelong lessons on how their food is grown, what good nutrition means, and how to eat healthy.
When farms and schools are brought together, we create sustainable markets where local growers consistently sell to school cafeterias.
Communities are enriched because our children learn to respect and value small farms, nutrition, and giving back – lessons they take home to their families and friends.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County
- Ellenville Central School District
- Kingston City School District
- NYS Dept. of Agriculture and Markets
- Rondout Valley Central School District
- Hudson Valley Farm Hub
- Ulster County Farm-to-School Working Group
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)
…and our many community supporters who make this work possible.