Your Guide to News of Rondout Valley Growers
Please donate today to help the RVGA support local farms and agriculture. Thank you!
RVGA Member News:
- Arrowood Farms has new merchandise for sale. Their winter hours are now in effect: closed Mon. & Tues.; Wed & Thurs, 4 – 8PM; Fri., 4 – 9 PM; Sat. & Sun., 12 – 9 PM.
- Bell’s Christmas Trees is open.
- Bonticou Ducks is taking orders for holiday ducks and turkeys. They expect to sell out, so order yours asap. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text to 646-623-4579 with questions or for specific details.
- Damn Good Honey Farm is having a holiday market pop-up on Dec. 9 from 10 AM – 3 PM.
- High Falls Hemp NY is offering 30% off, sitewide, when you use the code “HOLIDAY”.
- Hilltop Farm – Catskill Wagyu has some beef left in stock, you can order fresh chickens via phone (no email orders), and they have eggs for $5 per dozen.
- Hortus Arboretum & Botanical Gardens’ new book, Cold-Hardy Fruits and Nuts, was was picked as a best gardening book of 2023 by Gardens Illustrated.
- Hudson Valley Seed Co. has a variety of gift options: new art packs, bloom calendar guide, bandanas, amaryllis… They are also accepting pre-orders for Dahlia tubers.
- Hudson Valley Vertical Farms’ open enrollment for “Succeed with Small Scale Biogas” will open on Dec. 21 and classes start Jan. 10. Whether you are Biogas curious or are ready to get your small-scale biogas home project started this summer, this class is for you.
- Kelder’s Farm now has 2024 season passes and gift cards available, just in time for your holiday giving. Buy now and get 25% off when you use the code “Holiday23”.
- Nichols Field Riding Club has Family Farm Tour gift certificates. Meet the herd, learn their stories, likes, character traits, and more. All ages are welcome, year-round, and daily by appointment. They also have “HORSE HUSBANDS: A Crash Course for the Men in a Horse Girl’s World” online videos.
- Ravenwood has free-range eggs each day from 8 AM – sundown.
- Saunderskill Farm will have Santa and the Grinch on Sat., Dec. 9 from 1 – 3 PM. Their last day of the season is Dec. 10.
- Solid Ground Farm has winter produce available each week. Order Sun. – Tues. and pick up at the farm on Wed.
- Stone Ridge Orchard’s winter hours are in effect: Thur. – Mon., 10 AM – 5 PM; Tues. & Wed., closed.
- Sugarshack Mushrooms can ship nationwide for the holidays, so shop their grow kits (including their jumbo shitakes), gift boxes, tinctures, books, dried mushrooms, and tote bags.
- Westwind Orchard has gift cards available for your holiday needs. They also have octopus back on the menu and their new winter hours are Thur. – Fri. from 5 – 8 PM and Sat. – Sun. from 12 – 8 PM.
- Wightman Fruit Farm has apples in the cooler, by appointment. Message them on Instagram to schedule.