Your Guide to News of Rondout Valley Growers
- Arrowood Farms’ weekend hours are Fri. from 12 – 9 PM, Sat. from 12 – 9 PM, and Sun. from 12 – 8 PM.
- Damn Good Honey Farm has a variety of pastries at their farm store.
- Hudson Valley Farm Hub continues to consistently distribute produce to dozens of organizations in Kingston on a regular basis including The Institute for Family Health, Catholic Charities, Community Foundation, the Kingston YMCA Farm Project, Tilda’s Kitchen & Market, and People’s Place. Follow the journey of their produce from the wash and pack to the Kingston Family Health Center in this feature story.
- Hudson Valley Seed Co. has added 40+ seed varieties to their online store.
They have purchased the site for their new permanent location in Accord, NY. Working closely with the Open Space Institute, they’ll steward 30 acres of protected agricultural land (and about 70 acres of forest). At this site, they’ll have demonstration and trial gardens, dozens of seed crops each year, a retail shop, and an art gallery to showcase the original art created for their seed packs.
- Saunderskill Farm’s gift cards can be purchased during the winter for any dollar amount, never expire, and can be used in the market and the greenhouse next season.