Your Guide to News of Rondout Valley Growers
The RVGA now has Farm-to-School programming in all three school districts of the Rondout Valley. This vital education provides our students with healthy, local, farm-fresh snacks; brings actual farmers markets to city schools; and offers field trips to farms where kids learn how and where their food is grown.
We can’t do it without you! Please give to our Farm-to-School GoFundMe today to help us achieve our goals. Our Farm-to-School benefits Rondout Valley farmers, school kids, and their families.
RVGA Member News:
- Arrowood Farms’ live music is back. Upcoming events are the Dirt Farmer Festival on May 21 and Follow the Arrow on June 18. Tickets are on sale now. Stay tuned for more concert announcements.
- Barthel’s Farm has hanging flower baskets.
- Buzzanco’s Greenhouses and Farm has houseplants, cacti, hanging baskets, lemon trees, and a lot more.
- Catskill Native Nursery will be open on Memorial Day.
- Clove Valley Community Farm’s 13th annual plant sale is happening now, and they are open for walk-ins every Thurs. from 4 – 7 PM and Sat. from 10 AM – 4 PM. Their big extravaganza will take place Memorial Day Weekend with a variety of plants and trees.
- CountryFlowers Greenhouses will not be open for the 2022 season.
- Damn Good Honey Farm’s greenhouse is open and they are having a Mother’s Day pop-up on May 7, with lots of beautiful handcrafted items to chose from.
- Davenport Farms has hanging baskets, Foxglove, lilacs, herbs, vegetables, and vegetable starts.
- Ever-Growing Family Farm is looking for 10 – 20 acres to lease in Ulster County. They need a natural water source (pond, creek), clay soil (what would be otherwise marginal wetland), and land that is relatively flat. They appreciate you contacting them about any leads you might have – please call Dawn at 845.750.7168.
- Farmstock Farm has a variety of greens available online.
- Fiddlehead Farm will have daffodils for sale on May 7 at their seedling sale, between 10 AM – 2 PM. The sale will continue on May 14 and 15 from 10 AM – 2 PM. They’ll have vegetables, herbs, and a few flower varieties as well.
- Flowering Sun Ecology Center has blue, black, pink, yellow, and white oyster mushrooms available.
- Foraging & Feasting has a free online YouTube lesson to help you learn to identify, harvest, and eat what’s available in nature.
- High Falls Hemp NY is offering 30% off calm and skincare products for Mother’s Day.
- Hilltop Farm / Catskill Wagyu is celebrating the release of the coook book “A Year at Catbird Cottage.” Join them, and the author, for a book signing and picnic on Sun., May 29 from 3 – 5 PM. Tickets include: the cookbook, a hayride, and delicious treats. Space is limited.
- Hudson Valley Farm Hub will be at the Kingston Farmers Market. They’re introducing flour, cornmeal, beans, tortillas, and tortilla chips made from organic ingredients grown at the Farm Hub and processed with co-packers around the state. These products, developed under their newly created Milestone Mill brand, will be available throughout the summer.
- Hudson Valley Seed Co. recently restocked some of their most popular seasonal varieties. And you can get 20% off select Art Packs from now until Mother’s Day
- Kelder’s Farm will open for the season on May 7. Join them for their first-ever Candy Launch on Sat. and Sun. at 5 PM. Also, see their new attractions, including a jump pad.
- Rail Trail Cafe will open for the season and May 14 and has a variety of upcoming events scheduled.
- Ravenwood will open for the season on Mother’s Day weekend, May 7 – 8. Join them for new cafe selections, a rotating farm-stand of fresh produce/flowers/bread, and a display of their favorite NY-based artists and designers.
- Saunderskill Farm’s greenhouses are open Tues. -Sun. from 8 AM – 5 PM. Gift cards are available – they can be used in the greenhouse or the market and never expire
- Seed Song Farm & Center’s farm store and plant sale hours are Tues. – Sat. from 9 AM – 6 PM and Sun. from 10 AM – 5 PM. They also have a new sit down, outdoor cafe with Democracy Coffee and homemade scones.
- Solid Ground Farm’s organic seedling sale is underway. Order online and pick up on May 18 or 21.
- Spruce Run & Stony Ridge Farm is having an organic plant sale on May 7, 8, 14, and 15 from 9 AM – 4 PM. They’ll also have lilacs, farm-fresh eggs, Annie’s yummy cookies, Cathy’s farm-fresh honey, farm tours, and free gardening advice.
- Stars of the Meadow is doing a tulip focused floral design workshop with Sylvia Lukach of Cape Lily Floral Design in Tarrytown, NY on Saturday May 14 from 3 – 5 PM.
- Stone Ridge Orchard invites you to sing, dance, and celebrate spring at their annual Spring Wassail on Sat. May 7, rain or shine.
- Thunder View Farms is having an overstock sale on supermarket quality ground beef, in one-pound tubes, processed for food banks. To order, please private message them on Facebook.
- Twilights Acres Homegrown’s floral bouquets can be found at Saunderskill Farm and the Bistro To Go.
- Veronica’s Gardens has plants and gift cards.