At the heart of RVGA are the growers who work the land and join in community to share and learn from one another, and inspire each other. In support of what they do, we strive to assist them in meaningful ways.
- We’ve issued micro-grants in the past to help our members pivot to meet the demands of life-during-covid, such as building out e-commerce websites, installing a new wash station and cooler, and fencing in new fields, to name a few.
- In 2023 we plan to issue more micro-grants to help our members manage the rising prices they face for equipment, supplies, etc.
- Now that life is getting back to “normal” we will once again work to create ways for farmers to connect for meetings and other events during the year.
- We send out weekly Farmer-to-Farmer newsletters, which contain a variety of content related to agricultural issues, research, innovations, courses and trainings, and farmer-shared best practices, as well as other topics of interest.
- We support local farmers markets and their efforts to help farmers reach the members of our communities.
We collaborate with other organizations such as Cornell Cooperative Extension, American Farmland Trust, Hudson Valley Agribusiness Development Corp., USDA, Farm Credit East, NYS Department of Agriculture & Markets, Scenic Hudson, and others to improve communication, collaboration, and synergy among an increasing number of providers of farmer training services across the region.