RVGA’s 16th Annual Harvest Hoedown!
October 14 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join Us at This Time-Honored, Family Fun Event!
The Harvest Hoedown is back for it’s 16th year! We invite you to celebrate local agriculture and the harvest season with us. There will be local food and drinks, live music, dancing, a pie baking contest, activities for the kids, a 50/50 raffle, and more.
- Live music for the square dance will be performed by area favorites, Mike + Ruthy & Friends. Mike Merenda and Ruth Ungar are a harmony duo with a celebrated catalog of traditional and original songs. Whether you’re an expert or a beginner, this dancing is guaranteed to be great fun, even for the kids! Mike + Ruthy tour internationally as a family band and with their seminal folk rock outfit The Mammals, and produce a semi-annual folk festival in the Hudson Valley called The Hoot.
- To complete the musical experience, the Caller will be Megan Downes, who grew up dancing in New York City’s traditional Irish music community before moving south to work with one of the best bluegrass bands in the country. She’s now the the Artistic Director of New York’s City Stompers, calling squares and teaching old-time flatfooting.
- Kids will have a great time with activities, including face painting and pumpkin decorating, and Storyteller Matoaka Little Eagle will share Indigenous Tales of Harvest Time.
- We’ll have classic, locally-sourced Hoedown foods and drinks, so bring your appetite.
- Stay tuned for details about how to enter our pie baking contest.
Let us know you’re coming! Although we’ll have tickets available at the door on the day of the Hoedown, we encourage you to purchase yours online, which will help us ensure the correct quantities for food and drinks. Get your tickets here.
We rely on help from volunteers to join us in making the Hoedown a wonderful experience for everyone. If you would like to donate some of your time, you’ll be given a complimentary ticket for this event so you can enjoy the fun when you’re off-shift. Sign up here.